Embedded Software Engineer
As a Embedded Software Engineer you will develop, test and implement software for the development of radar systems in an exciting and innovative team. The key responsibilities are:
- Design, develop, verify and maintain software for cutting-edge high-resolution radar systems.
- Test embedded hardware and firmware as well as perform test driven development where applicable.
- Work closely with hardware engineers in project specification, development and validation.
- Work with hardware/systems engineers to validate implementations against real-world data sets including field testing.
- Incorporate builds into continuous integration where applicable.
- Comply with automotive standards such as ISO 26262 and MISRA.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2+ years’ professional programming experience
- Experienced in C/C++/Python programming for embedded or SoC architectures.
- Knowledge of RTOS, embedded Linux, ARM or other 16-bit/32-bit MCUs.
- System testing and debugging using for example JTAG, Serial Wire Debug (SWD).
- Experience with communication protocols such as TCP-IP/SPI/I2C/UART/USB/CAN.
- Strong software development skills including design, implementation, testing, documentation, and debugging.
- Strong development best practices including design/code reviews, testing/regression, ‘Git’ version control and user documentation.
- Ability to work independently as part of a small team.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Passionate about finding and fixing problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience preferred in signal processing domain, e.g. radar, communications, video, audio.
- Knowledge of DSP algorithm techniques for FMCW radar backends, i.e. 2D FFT, CFAR, target tracking filters, target classification.
- Experienced in embedded programming on Arm-based MCUs and/or embedded DSP processors.
- Experience with reading and understanding schematics.
The role can be remote or located at one of our offices in Limerick (Ireland), Belfast (Northern Ireland) or Pittsburgh (US).
Provizio offers a competitive salary, flexible hours, a company pension scheme, an employee share option scheme and additional leave days based around company led work/life/health activities.